In my opinion what makes a good gallery wall display is when they are a blend of artwork and photography. A gallery wall is your chance to personalize; seize the opportunity and create your own!
This one is fun!
Nick and I had a gallery wall in our loft (our first place) in downtown Denver. We had a long narrow wall and so we decided to take a stab at creating our very own.
Our Rookie Attempt
We talked about hanging it again in our office at Mini House but somehow in the 10 months that we lived there it was just one of those things that we never got around to.
On Saturday we discovered the box with most of the prints in our garage and thought heck, why not!
This time we decided to lay-out our "design"
Confession - last time we literally just had a stack of prints and nailed / hung our way down the wall. I have read blogs about planning, measuring, taping and other strategic methods. Me nor Nick has enough patience for all that jazz...
Here's what we've got up there:
- Pair of bird paintings that me & my BFF created. I blogged about it here!
- Hershey print - birthday gift from me to Nick
- Wedding picture collection
- Collage of album covers from Mason Jennings (Nick's favorite musician)
- Photography from my oh-so-talented friend, Becca. Check our her photography site - here
- Picture of me at age 3 that use to hang in my grandfather's office.
- A Colorado print that I got off Etsy
- A small framed print that my sister Amy picked up for me in Prague
Our gallery wall isn't quite complete but it's one of those projects that we can add to and change out over time.
Do you have a gallery wall at your house? If so I'd love to see it!