Established in 2010

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Coastal Chic on the Cheap

When in Rome... or in my case when in California. I've gotten the itch to bring a little coastal flare into our new Mini Cottage.
Umm.. yes please. Courtesy of Coastal Living.

Now I don't want you to worry that I'm going to take this too far and turn our house into one of those over-themed rooms from Extreme Home Makeover. I promise to keep this under control.
Exhibit A. You Get My Point, Right?

As you may or may not know,  I am currently unemployed so when I'm not job hunting (aka mass distributing my resume) I use a portion of my "free time" checking out local thrift shops and decorating Mini House #2.  I love it because it gives me stuff to blog about AND it gets me out of the house.

This week I discovered that San Clemente has some great little treasure troves! SCORE. The Craigslist hasn't been very impressive to date so these will be my sources for all my little projects and decorating adventures.

Here's a round up of my Coastal goodies: 
Red Coral Lamp - $4.00!  Talk about Deal of the Day! 
*And yes it works. 
I might change the coral to white but the red is growing on me.

Ay ay captain - $5.00
Wait til you see where this guy lives - Coming Soon!

Needlepointed delight for $8.00

Gotta have a BIG starfish - $1.00
A touch of seagrass. Lamp shade - $1.00
Surprise Shell in a box of goodies from Sister.  FREE.

All these items are spread out throughout our house to avoid the beach overkill.  I'm putting the finishing touches on my laundry room and can't wait to share the final look.  It's pretty stinking cute. 

Happiest of Happy Fridays to Each.Of.You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment