Established in 2010

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Eye Candy: Santa Monica

Last week I did something that I would only do for my immediate family and approximately 5 friends - drive on the 405 Highway to Santa Monica.

I could go on and on about why I am not cut from the cloth to be a regular 405 driver; seven lanes of stop & go traffic ranks #1.  

However "traumatic" the car time, it was absolutely worth it. The pictures will do all most of the talking.

First Stop: The Viceroy Hotel

Poolside @ the Viceroy

Posh. Notice the mirror, roman shades & bamboo chairs.

Plates a Plenty Outdoors

The Viceroy is phenomenal especially when it comes to design. I was drooling and being "that girl" who was taking pictures left and right while people sipped sparkling water and made billion dollar transactions over lunch.  
How awesome is this shot? Credit to B.

Photo of a photographer

Here was what she captured

We walked down the beach over to Abbot Kenney Blvd in Venice for a quick bite & some shopping. This block had everything from antiques to high-end boutiques to quaint little shops like the ones below. 

Treasure Trove

Cake stands in every size and shape

   Antique Chic

This little dreamer fit the scene

Enjoying every minute

Good stuff.

Truth be told - I spent more time in the car than I did in Santa Monica but like I said it was totally worth it!  I will be going back anytime the invitation is extended by my wonderful friend. Oh and today's her birthday so Happy Birthday B$!  xoxo 

1 comment: