Established in 2010

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Goodwill Hunting

Weekends especially Saturdays used to be about sleeping in...that was before we got Dorsey, she is our very own furry alarm clock. She starts by putting her paws up on Nick's side of the bed and wookie-ing directly into his ear. He pleads with her to go back to bed and I usually put my face in the pillow to muffle my giggles so she doesn't come to my side of the bed. Ahhh the previews of parenthood.

Anyways, this morning it was just us girls since Nick is out enjoying the final ski weekend so we were up and at em' at 6:05 a.m.  Just so you know,  it is still dark at 6:05 a.m.

There are benefits to starting one's day this early.  Today it was the Goodwill Sale. Yes, as if Goodwill isn't already super inexpensive, imagine it at 50% off.  To my defense, I dropped off three large bags of clothes earlier this week and that's how I found out about this special one-day sale.

I had scoped a few items so there I was standing in line at 7:55 a.m. this morning on a mission when those doors flew open at 8 on the dot. One item was a glass lamp that reminded me of a lamp in the recent Pottery Barn catalog.












The ones above are gorgeous but at $199 that's a little "pricey."  And although mine isn't as big or fancy she was only $1.49 and I had a vision to take her up a notch.

Coral wasn't going to fit...

Oh hello corks, you'll work! 

  
  Filled with memories of great wine & special occasions.













Luckily I had a shade not being used.

    











New addition to Mini House

Start to finish this project took 10 minutes. I spent the most time getting the sticker price tag off the glass. 

That's it for today's DIY installment.  Off to Wash Park with Dorsey Dog.

2 comments:

  1. Love the lamp, Peeps! Wish our Goodwill had nice things like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project! I'm a huge fan of second hand and because I'm a ridiculous geek, I even like imagining what life was like for my objects before I got them. This thought process gets really elaborate. Hoping one of these months we'll be able to amass a few wine corks together. In the name of decorating, of course.

    ReplyDelete