Established in 2010

Monday, February 6, 2012

Week 34

Hiiiieeee -
I must attempt to make this post quite snappy because we are t-minus 36 hours until the movers arrive! Oh brother...lots to do!  To recap Week 34 - Nick started his new gig in Arkansas and I worked my last week in Cali. I was nervous about him being so far away but, me & Dorsey Dog survived. Nick seems to really like his new role / team / office which of course makes me happy. My final week in the office flew by and when Thursday (my last official day) arrived, I still had 100 things I wanted to do for St. A's. I am praying that God will bring them someone absolutely wonderful and who will love it as much as I did if not more!

Yesterday the church where I work had a farewell reception for us after both worship services.  Cake & coffee in the Fellowship Hall and a chance for last hugs / good-byes.  The members of St. A's have become my family over the past 18+ months and I feel like I am robbing them of this baby.  The thought that I am leaving behind 100 eager "aunts & grandmas" to love & care for Baby Sass is hard... very hard. I will miss them all but we will be back in July so that helped keep me strong. Here are a few pics from the day.

Marian & Amy organized the reception - both are truly wonderful!

How cute?!

After the reception, we headed home and got ready for the Super Bowl.  Despite the fact that we probably should have been doing a 1,000 other move related things, we decided what the heck and had our small group friends over.  I am SO glad we did too!  Great food & even better company. ; )  

Here we are Week 34!

Dear Little One, you weigh over 5 pounds and are approximately 19 1/2 inches.  Supposedly from this point on you will gain 1/2 a pound a week until the end.  Who knows though - you could weigh / gain more or less - we are just praying that you are healthy. We go see Dr. J one last time this week and next week we will meet the new doctor who will deliver you. Hopefully we'll like her as much as Dr. J but that's a tough act to follow. 

Our final week in CA will filled with lots of mixed emotions but I know this part of such a BIG and wonderful plan for our family. 

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” ~Jeremiah 29:11
Alright dear readers, any prayers and good thoughts that you'd like to send our way would be greatly appreciated. I'll try my best to keep up with the posting this week and next!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment