Established in 2010

Friday, March 19, 2010

Home Alone

Nick & Dorsey Dog headed out to the mountains for the weekend which leaves me Home Alone!


Cheesy maybe - but I couldn't resist and trust me I don't look like him. I enjoy having Mini House to myself and tackling a list of important to-do's like catching up on Gossip Girl, painting my nails, to name a few. Also, Denver is in midst of a March Thunder-Snow at the moment so I am content just staying in for the evening.

In the mean time - check out this video of Nick & D skijoring. And in case skijoring isn't a familiar term (it wasn't for me before we got Dorsey!) then here is a quick synopsis from Wikipedia:

"Skijoring with a dog is a sport in which a dog (or dogs), assist a cross-country skier. From one to three dogs are commonly used. The cross-country skier provides power with skis and poles, and the dog adds additional power by running and pulling. The skier wears a skijoring harness, the dog wears a sled dog harness, and the two are connected by a length of rope. There are no reins or other signaling devices to control the dog: The dog must be motivated by its own desire to run, and respond to the owner's voice for direction."

No comments:

Post a Comment