Established in 2010

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Back on Two Feet

Growing up in Kentucky skiing wasn't something that I did very often. Our annual FUMC ski trip to fine resorts like Paoli Peaks and West Virginia were basically it and if you've ever been to Paoli Peaks you know it shouldn't be considered a ski resort. It is an icy hill that people (mostly rednecks) ski down while wearing camouflage jackets and jeans. Needless to say when we moved to Colorado I knew I had / have my work cut out for me. 

This year I welcomed the Colorado ski season with a determination to transform into a Ski Bunny. My definition of Ski Bunny - "one who skis down blue runs with grace and ease while wearing fashionable ski attire."  

For Christmas I got all new gear - new jacket, helmet, even my own skis! I was ready to go. 



On a beautiful Saturday afternoon at Beaver Creek (not pictured above) while skiing with Nick & our family friends the Gezons I fell. I'll be the first to admit that it wasn't a "star-worthy"or Olympian-type fall. I literally fell over going -3 mph. I was super embarrassed so I popped up and skied down but once we got to the bottom I knew something wasn't right... Maybe it was the sight of my knee growing into the size of a cantaloupe under my ski pants or the fact that I couldn't walk but our next stop was Avon Urgent Care. The result was a fractured knee cap, leg brace and SEVEN, count em' 7 weeks on crutches.  



During those SEVEN weeks life didn't really slow down at Mini House - I flew quite a bit (10 flights to be exact), had several wonderful out-town guests and decided to make a career change.  Phew. 

So here I am, back on two feet and ready to start this blogging adventure between visits to Physical Therapy of course.  

No comments:

Post a Comment